Monday, November 3, 2008

Zealous over Zinka

Do you remember Zinka? Zinka was the main inspiration for my surfer girl costume. I was Peg Bundy the night before and not really feeling it. I was thinking of what I needed to make my character come to life. Zinka! I don't know how or where I pulled that one out of. I haven't thought of Zinka in years but was obsessed with it when I was a kid. My cousin, Tine and I had it and did many of a photo shoot with it in the 80's! Jen, my make-up artist and BFF with whom I'm pictured with did my Zinka-like make-up!
The must have tube of Zinka. Yes it still exists after all these years. Zinka, the famous colored nosecoat and sunblock for the face.


Sexy Surfer Boys Sporting Zinka image courtesy of the Zinka website.

1 comment:

  1. The surfer girl look is hot. I've also been obsessed with pink zinc cream since the 80's but can't stop wearing it.

    You look very sexy, keep it up :)

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete